VHB has served as a consultant to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey continuously since 1990, completing work at Port Authority airports, seaports, tunnels, bridges, terminals, real estate properties, and other facilities throughout the region. VHB and Port Authority professionals have collaborated on a range of environmental and transportation studies, including such landmark projects as the Airport System Capacity Planning Study, LaGuardia Airport Runway Safety Area Enhancements Environmental Assessment, LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment Program, and World Trade Center Transportation Hub. We hold various agreements to provide the Port Authority with the following on-call services:
- Airport consulting services, including environmental, facility planning, capacity planning, financial/business analysis, and security
- Traffic engineering planning
- Traffic safety engineering
- Traffic signal design
- Transportation planning, simulation modeling, and market research services for tunnels, bridges, and terminals
- Facility operations analysis for aviation and rail facilities
PANYNJ Agency Operations Center
We are supporting the staffing and management of the new Agency Operations Center in Jersey City. Click here for more information.
FAR Part 150 Studies
VHB is part of a consultant team preparing FAR Part 150 noise compatibility studies for JFK International Airport and LaGuardia Airport in Queens. For more about the Part 150 studies, click here.