We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data VHB Collects
When you visit the website or subscribe to our newsletters, VHB may collect the following data:
- Your IP address
- Operating system
- Browser version
- General location
- Referring website
- Your contact information and email address
- Other information such as interests and preferences
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website
Why We Collect Your Data
Data is collected for several reasons, including to:
- Better understand your needs
- Improve our services and products
- Follow-up with promotional emails of content that may align to your interests and needs
- Contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research
- Customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences
Information may also be collected from success candidates to commence employment with VHB.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
- Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox#w_block-cookies-and-site-data-for-more-than-one-website
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don't want to disclose your personal information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
This section of the “policy” provides individuals who apply for employment with and/or who have been offered employment by VHB or one of our affiliates ("Job Applicants" and "Successful Candidates" respectively) with certain important information about how we handle their personal data ("Candidate Data").
Job Applicant Data Collected
Candidate Data is provided by Job Applicants and Successful Candidates, and includes some or all of the following types of data:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Employment history
- Education history
- Reference contacts
- Veteran status
- Social security number
- Marital status
Why We Collect This Data
The Company will only use and otherwise process candidate data for the following:
- For recruiting and job placement purposes including notification of current and future job opportunities that may be a fit.
- For successful candidates, data will be used for the hiring process to include background screening, on-boarding purposes, enrollment in payroll and applicable employee benefits, and other administrative purposes.
- In compliance with our legal obligations associated to Federal and State regulations as well as other accounting and tax requirements.
- For the purposes of carrying out our obligations and exercising rights under employment law.
Third Party Services
VHB uses third party vendors for certain services that may require the collection and storage of candidate data, including:
- The online recruitment portal in which Job Applicants enter and submit their application
- The conduct of the Background Checks described above
- Payroll and Benefits administration
When VHB retains a third-party vendor, that vendor will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
VHB is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. VHB has done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.