Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.® including related and affiliated companies (VHB®) Legal Notice
The information made available on or through this Site by VHB is the property of VHB and is protected by copyright and other applicable laws. VHB reserves all rights therein. Information received through this Site may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that all copyright and other notices contained therein are left intact. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate the information received through this Site to anyone, without the express prior written consent of VHB.
VHB®, Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.®, Vanasse Hangen BrustlinSM and SAM IS® are trademarks, service marks or registered service marks of Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.® All rights are reserved. All other service marks, trademarks and copyrights appearing on this Site are the property of their respective owners. Reproduction, in whole or in part, is prohibited without express prior written permission.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Use of this Site is at your own risk. VHB does not make any warranty, express or implied, as to the results that may be obtained from use of this Site or as to the availability, accuracy, reliability, or content of any information provided through this Site. VHB expressly disclaims any warranty that the Site will be uninterrupted or error free and VHB makes no warranty that the results obtained from use of the Site, or the content thereon, will meet your needs. The Site and content are provided "as is," and "as available," and VHB makes no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or this Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
Disclaimer of Liability
In no event shall VHB nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any special, collateral, indirect, exemplary, incidental, or consequential damages, including but not limited to, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, trading losses, or loss of use, due to your use of this Site. This limitation of VHB’s liability shall be in full force regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, and even if VHB or its agent had previously been advised of the possibility of such damages. You hereby acknowledge that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on this Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless VHB, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of this Site, including, but not limited to, any use of this Site’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, or your use of any information obtained from this Site.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites operated by parties other than VHB. Such hyperlinks are provided for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. Any other website accessed from this Site is independent from VHB, and VHB has no control over and is not responsible for the content of that other website. In addition, a link to any other website does not imply that VHB endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, availability, or use of that website, or of any product or service provided by a third party.
The owner of this Site is based in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that this Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to this Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access this Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
These terms and conditions, and all matters relating directly or indirectly to this Site shall be construed, interpreted, applied, and governed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts or choice of law provisions.
Tools, Utilities, Downloads
For your convenience, VHB may make available on this Site tools and utilities for use and/or downloading. VHB does not make any assurances with regard to the accuracy of the results or output that derives from such use of any such tools and utilities.
You may use this Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use this Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate VHB, a VHB employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of this Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm VHB or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of this Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through this Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on this Site, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of this Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of this Site, the server on which this Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to this Site.
- Attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site.
VHB may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, including without limitation, breach of this Agreement. In the event this Agreement is terminated, the restrictions regarding content appearing on the Site, and the representations, and warranties, indemnities and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement will survive termination. If you are unsatisfied with this Site, your sole remedy is to cancel this Agreement.
Title VI Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
It is the policy of VHB to comply with the regulations of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended and other nondiscrimination laws and authorities, that include regulations relative to nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the Federal Highway Administration’s Title 23 Code of Federal Regulations 200. VHB does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, or national origin.
In addition to Title VI, VHB will not discriminate under other statutes that afford legal protection on the basis of sex, age, veteran, disability, or protected statuses. VHB will not discriminate in the selection or retention of subconsultants, including procurements of materials and leases of equipment. VHB will not participate either directly or indirectly in the discrimination prohibited by 49 CFR, Part 21.5.
In all solicitations, either by competitive bidding or negotiation made by VHB for work to be performed under a subcontract, including procurements of materials or equipment, each potential subcontractor or supplier shall be notified of the contractor’s obligations under the contract and the Regulations relative to nondiscrimination on the ground of race, color, or national origin. VHB will include the necessary nondiscrimination provisions in every subcontract including procurements of materials and leases of equipment, unless exempt by the Regulations, or Directives issued pursuant thereto.
VHB confirms nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. For more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Elizabeth Bennett, DEI Advocate, at EEO@vhb.com. Persons with hearing and/or speech-impairments may contact VHB by using the applicable state Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
Comments and Questions
We welcome your feedback on this Site. However, any comments, ideas, notes, messages, suggestions, or other communications sent to the Site shall be and remain the exclusive property of VHB, and we may use all such communications in any manner, including reproducing, disclosing, and publishing such communications, all without compensation to you.